Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dear Blog,

Today makes 366 days of marriage; one year of surreptitious splendor.  Despite having been hitched for twelve months now I have failed to herald our dealings as a married couple.  While our marriage may no longer be in its incipience, this blog unequivocally is in a state of infancy.  Yes, a year has passed as well as a year of inexorable qualms mumbling....blog...blog.  In the past I have had a propensity to yield to my own torpidity, but the beginning of a new year of marriage smatters into smithereens past inclinations towards apathy.  Rather than continue to succumb to a crestfallen condition, I will promulgate our present proceedings with renewed resoluteness.

I begin with: THE BOUNDING OF THE BLUE RHINO

To celebrate one year of marriage Jessica and I spent the weekend in Park City.  While Jessica is an expert mountain biker, adroitly maneuvering through hairpin turns and managing to deftly descend slopes with considerable cant; I on the other hand somehow managed to tumble out of my bicycle while it was completely stationary.  The trail we embarked upon that morning was a convolution of chaos, marked with a melange of roots causing a veritable rattling of the bones.  The trees bordering the thoroughfare required me to drop my head and contort both sides of my body in a concave manner almost simultaneously to elude injury.  The inconceivability task of evading the foray of trees, limbs, boles and quarry of rocks, lamentably deposited in the in middlemost section of the trail, resulted in a flagged and fatigued fellow.  Notwithstanding my groaning, griping and shambling down the mountain, Jessica withheld all forms of derision.  On the contrary my clement and compassionate companion encouraged me to greater exertion.  The propitious reassurance from my better half in combination with the continuous goading of the Blue Rhino's horn (the seat of my bike) I was able to successfully complete the arduous odyssey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment